Sunday 12 June 2016

Review: Anton's Bar and Grill, Scarborough

Anton's is a beautiful little venue, located in a former chapel which sits right opposite the harbour in Scarborough. I have on many occasions sat in their outside seating area sipping a coffee or a glass of wine and promising myself to one day eat there.

Places to eat Scarborough

Earlier this week we had an occasion which warranted a nice meal out, and so booked a table. The inside of the restaurant is very welcoming, and we were seated in the lovely mezzanine dining area where we could enjoy fabulous views of the harbour through the large picture window.

Scarborough harbour

Despite it being Tuesday and not quite high season yet, the restaurant soon filled up, which is great, I love the buzz of a busy restaurant. The fact that some diners were obviously 'regulars' suggested a good reputation.

Restaurant reviews Scarborough

Some menu options were a little pricey, but I know that Anton's uses locally sourced meat from a very good quality supplier, this always comes at a premium. I, however, had been looking forward to pizza for days and so ordered the Pica Pica with a side of chunky chips. I really didn't need the chips, the pizza was huge. It was a delicious thin based pizza with generous topping, and I loved it.

Lifestyle bloggers Scarborough

The Mr. had a burger with chips. When it first arrived it was slightly too rare for his liking, but the waitress took it away with no fuss whatsoever and brought back a perfect burger. The service was great, our waitress constantly checked that we had all we needed, and was really keen to make sure the Mr's burger was ok once it had been redone.

The dessert menu looked beautiful, alas we were too full to even consider it, so we finished off with coffee.

I really enjoyed our night out at Anton's. The service was good, the food was delicious and the venue and location, perfect. Would I dine there again? Definitely.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, we love Anton's! It's a fab restaurant, I love the use of the big window and 'over hang' of upstairs. :)
    The steak is by far one of the best in town too. We've yet to try a dessert as are always full also! :p
    it's on my list to return and review properly.

    Caroline.x
    www.carolineelgeywhite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a child I looked longingly at a pub we passed on the bus as from the top deck you could see inside when it stopped at the traffic lights and they had an open fire which I thought so wonderful! I wanted Sunday dinner there and was promised such. The promise was never kept and when I was old enough to go myself, it had closed down :( so, I'm glad you got to go to your equivalent x

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts