Anyway, I managed to track down some nice cotton with a nice lemon print at my local fabric shop (can I just say, my local sewing shop, and my local knitting shop are so helpful, I contacted the sewing shop on Facebook and they happily put the fabric away for me that day, which was good because it was the last of the bolt). I dug out my trusty Eliza M Alma Wriggle Skirt sewing pattern of which this is now my third one, and set to on making the skirt.
|Close up on that lemony material|
I decided to do things a little differently this time. The pattern doesn't call for lining, but I always do line my skirts. I decided not to this time, I didn't need to with this material and, actually, I think it hangs nicer with just a petticoat underneath. I also opted to take a little more time on this one and do French Seams, and finish off the inside of the waistband with bias binding. It's a lovely finish, and I think I'll try to take that care and attention with everything that I sew from here on in. I tend to be a bit of a corner cutter where I can be with dressmaking, but the extra effort was worth it for knowing that my finish was pretty close to perfect.
There's not a lot to say about it really, I've made this skirt many times now and I know what I'm doing, the fit is perfect and it's another one that I'm really very pleased with.
Imagine my joy on Saturday when the sun come out and I was able to wear it out for brunch with the Mr. It looked so bright in the sunlight and accessorised with a bright yellow hair flower and vintage yellow bangle and was perfect for an after brunch walk on the beach. I'm not sure what I'll make this skirt up in next, but I've probably got enough fruity versions of it in my wardrobe right now.